Gaming PC Builder is reader-supported. When using links on our site to make a purchase, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Windows 10 1803 update adds the Ultimate Performance mode. This is targeted towards high-end systems and workstations and is not available to systems that uses battery (e.g., laptops). But this guide will help you enable the Ultimate Performance mode if you still want to use it. You can also do this on desktops, just make sure you have the 1803 update.
1. Press the Win key + X and select the Windows PowerShell (Admin) or the Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Click Yes in User Account Control window.
3. The Windows PowerShell or Command Prompt window will appear. Type “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61” and hit Enter. Or you can copy and paste it.
4. If it is successful in adding the Ultimate Performance Power scheme, it will show the Power Scheme GUID. If not, it will show “Unable to create a new power scheme”. Maybe you don’t have the Windows 10 1803 update.
5. To use the Ultimate Performance, click the Windows start button and type “power plan”, and click Edit power plan or Choose a power plan.
6. Power Options window will appear and click on Ultimate Performance to use it.