How to Copy or Move Fortnite to Another Drive or PC Without Redownloading
Epic Games launcher doesn’t allow you to copy Fortnite installation folder to another folder, drive, or to another PC, resulting to redownloading the 30+ GB of files. Not a big deal if you have a really fast internet, but this guide will save you some time and help a lot if you have slower internet speed.
1. Copy the Fortnite folder to another drive. It is usually found where the Epic Games Launcher installation folder.
2. Open the Epic Games Launcher, go to Library, click the gear icon in Fortnite thumbnail, and click uninstall.
3. Click uninstall to confirm.
4. Go to the computer where you will copy Fortnite.
5. Open the Epic Games launcher.
6. Install from Fortnite from Store or Library.
7. Choose the install location and install.
8. Fortnite will be queued for a moment, then will begin installing.
9. Cancel the installation after 1%, and close the launcher.
10. Open the Epic Games installation folder, and copy the Fortnite Folder.
11. Open the Epic Games Launcher, go to Library, and resume the Fortnite’s installation process.
12. Epic Games Launcher will verify the the content of Fortnite.
13. After verifying, you can now play Fortnite.