How To Play Android Games On PC With Google Play Games
Gaming PC Builder is reader-supported. When using links on our site to make a purchase, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Back in November 2022, Google Play Games entered open beta. Google Play Games allows you to download and play select Android games on Windows PC or laptop. You can play those games like you would play an actual PC game, with keyboard and mouse. Your progress is synchronized with your Google account in your devices, e.g., mobile phone.
Right now, Google Play Games is only available to limited countries. These countries are
- Hong Kong
- United States
More countries will be added to this list soon.
Google requires quad-core processor and integrated graphics, which is basically a low-end system nowadays not to mention the 8GB RAM and 10GB of storage requirements.
- Windows 10 v2004 (Build 19041, also 20H1)
- Solid state drive (SSD) with 10 GB of available storage space
- Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU or comparable
- 4 CPU physical cores
- 8 GB of RAM
- Windows admin account
- Hardware virtualization must be turned on
Click here on How to enable hardware virtualization
Installation and Setup
1. On your browser, go to https://play.google.com/googleplaygames and click the Download Beta button.
2. Click the downloaded file from the browser
or browse the destination folder (usually Downloads folder )then double-click the downloaded file.
3. A window will pop-up, click Yes.
4. Download will start, wait for it to finish.
5. After downloading, Google Play Games Beta installation window will appear. Click the Sign-in with Google Button.
6. You will be directed to your Google accounts in your browser. Select the account you wish to sign in with or sign in with other google account.
7. After signing in from your browser. You will be redirected to Google Play Games Beta installation window with your Google Play profile. Click the Looks good button.
8. Click the Accept button in Terms and Conditions window.
9. Click the Finish button in Privacy window.
10. Google Play Games Beta window will finally open with your account.
11. To install a game, select/click a game then click the Install button.
12. Google Play Games require additional Windows setting to install games. A pop-up will appear requiring you to do so. Click the Continue button.
13. Windows HyperVisor Platform window will pop-up. Click the Continue button and click Yes for the next pop-up window.
14. After the installation, click the OK button and restart your computer.
15. You can now click the Install button from the game’s page. The game will start downloading afterwards.
16. After downloading, click the Play button to play the game.
17. The game will launch like it is a PC game.
1. Other games, like Genshin Impact, will redirect you to the browser and install the game on Windows, not in Google Play Games beta launcher.
2. FPS monitoring overlays like MSI Afterburner does not work in Google Play Games. nVidia’s overlay works but not with the FPS counter.
3. Default Installation folder will be in the system drive (C:\Program Files) and it cannot be changed.