Fix EA Origin Error Could Not Connect To Services
Gaming PC Builder is reader-supported. When using links on our site to make a purchase, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Error Codes 14:1, 14:5, 14:7 – Could not connect to Origin services error happens when the file needed by the client is corrupted, or there is an application running that prevents the client to connect to EA servers. Here are some workarounds that might helped you fix this problem.
Reinstall EA Origin Client
1. Double click the My Computer icon (or press Windows Key and E simultaneously) to open Windows Explorer, then click the “Hidden Items” check box from the View Tab of Windows Explorer to show hidden folders.
2. Go to “C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin” and “C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin”, then delete its content.
3. Download and install EA Origin using the “OriginSetup.exe” instead of “OriginThinSetup.exe”.
Download OriginSetup.exe here.
Turn Off or Disconnect From VPN
1. Open your VPN application and click “Disconnect” or “Disable VPN”.
2. Or go to VPN Settings in Windows 10.
3. Select the VPN connection and click disconnect.
EA Origin client should launch properly now.